Friday, June 28, 2013

Remember To Forget!

“…But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Phil 3:13-14)

To Forget-To fail to mention, to banish from one’s thoughts, to disregard on purpose.

Joseph named his firstborn Manasseh and said, “It is because God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s household.” The second son he named Ephraim and said, “It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering.”(Gen 41:52)

Joseph forgot about all the troubles he encountered in the past and after ward he became fruitful. Beloved, forget the past; if we run with our minds on past successes, then we tend to become laid back and rest on our accomplishments and if we run with our minds on our past failures we tend to get depressed and stagnant. Let us keep pressing forward into the fruitful place that God has in store for us.

“Behold the former things have come to pass, and new thing I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.” Isaiah 42:9

No comments:

Post a Comment